Monday, April 9, 2018

All day, er'y day.

I'd be lying if I said that this blog wasn't going to be a struggle, because the theme of this post is simply just daily life here in Olomouc, our new college town! This weekend I chose to stay back, relax, and take a load off. Since I've already discussed a little about what classes and the content are like here, so I'll save you the lengthy explanation and substitute it with a quick rundown instead. As I believe I mentioned earlier, classes on weekdays are usually from 3pm-6pm, or 15:00 to 18:00- which if anyone has been wondering, yeah- it still takes me a decade to do the math for time conversion! So what do I do before class? YOU GUESSED IT! Usually about nothing productive- same habits different city. I used to sleep in until 10am (surprise), and because it was so chilly outside I wouldn't care to venture out into the damp, dark, and dreary day. However, since Jesus decided to finally make it warm, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN and I wake up around 9am now, an entire hour earlier!:) Some days I and a friend or two head into town for coffee and sweets, Globus, laundromat, or the mall. I know what you're thinking so far, I do nothing, and this is exactly why I said that this blog was going to be a struggle! My weekends are much more action packed, however it's nice to not have to be in a rush all of the time during the week! Back home I wake up, do some class work, go to class, eat lunch, rush to work, inhale my dinner, and then run off to usually a night class or two, and then socialize at the Newman center until the wee hours of the night. I enjoy not being on a time crunch every waking minute of every day, and as the weather warms up I plan on getting up even earlier to explore more of this beautiful city and possibly get away from the suffocating second-hand cigarette smoke and enjoy a walk along one of the trails nearby our dorms! So I'll keep you all posted on how that future excursion goes.

                                      

Alright, so now what you've all really been waiting for- because as I imagine this is probably what most of you think we all do here every night. So Belmondo is this club for international students, and no it is not comparable to any bar in Kearney, not even Cunningham's on a good night. Wednesday's are usually the more 'poppin' nights, and it. is. 'lit'. Drinks are expensive, but to be honest the music is so good that you don't need a lot to have fun! The first time we all made our way to Belmundo, I made the grave mistake of wearing a turtleneck to the club. Yes, that was very stupid of me because it gets very hot very quick in there! Most of us were drenched not even halfway into the night because naturally, we're all dancing queens (Zach included). It's a very good time before the puffs from my inhaler start wearing down, the strobe lights begin to affect my vision, and the thuds from the bass echoing through ears begin to overwhelm me! Right as most of us leave at what we dub "a decent time" around 2 am plus or minus, others begin to pile in for their night is just beginning! We don't understand how the people do it here, they begin their nights at 12am and sometimes don't come back until 7am. What can I say, I guess Europeans just go hard here!

                         
Turtleneck Fav & dancing queen Zach.           Jenny from the Block, PK, myself, & excellent lighting.

So that's a bit of what has went down here, I am very unsettled by the fact that once we return from Austria, Italy, Spain, and France, two more weeks will go down in the books as time spent abroad which means that our days are about to be numbered. Of course, I AM NOT READY FOR THAT. I'll continue to only focus on the positive though and finish out my time here day by day! I must begin packing for our class trip and spring break here, so until next time when the next blog post is due!


No comments:

Post a Comment